I love Rivecca.  If I ever get the chance to meet her I might stutter and pass out like a fool.  Her ability to clearly articulate exactly what the character is feeling without ever explicitly saying what is going on in her head is just brilliant.  We can feel that the narrator has some insight into herself that she tries to shove away, and we can feel that she understands her lack of commitment to anything, and almost identifies herself by it.  Rivecca has an uncanny way of giving us the narrators insight in a way that sounds completely genuine, clever, and can usually rouse a chuckle out of us.  If only I could find a way to make the same kinds of sharp, authentic statements.  Her imaginative imagery  has a way of feeling familiar though, like a friend would have made the same statement.  They are original, yet everyone knows exactly what is being talked about, like her reference to the airport chairs or when she thinks about what would happen if the dog went blind.

One section of the story I still struggle with is the narrators fascination with her blind counselor.  Was she simply prodding to find his weakness or is this her way of trading something personal from her for something personal from him?

The best character in the story is the woman with the refrigerator.  The ending pulled everything together to show that the crazy people, whom nobody gives any credit to in the help line office.  They listen to reason, and have long since stopped trusting the list long ago.  I thought it was great.