Big Girl

When I started off reading this story, my first thought was the movie, Fried Green Tomatoes.┬áThe narrator in the story clearly has a weight problem and has had it all of her life. She puts a clear description of how it has effected her over the years, which personally, I have seen people go through the exact same experiences that she tells us. I feel like the narrator views Billy as a trophy. She has never felt confident in herself, but when she married Billy, she felt like she was the luckiest girl in the world to have someone like him marry her. It’s sad, but some people do feel that they need to pay back their husbands or wives for “choosing” them in ways that the narrator treats Billy. Which is annoying. When she realized that Billy was cheating on her, I knew she wasn’t going to do anything about it because she, again, saw him as a trophy. The ending of the story was good, I was really happy when she finally realized Billy didn’t deserve her. All in all I enjoyed this story and the narrator made it easy to see each scene in my head.